InTuition Vocational Training is a specialist training programme under the direction of SOLAS and funded by Waterford Wexford Education and Training Board. It is a Level 3 Employability Skills course designed for students aged 18 or over with any learning difficulty, physical or intellectual disability, mental health issue, or students that may require extra assistance and time to complete a course.
The programme acts as a stepping stone to further education or to securing employment. It is also a great way for people to socialise, meet new people and create new friendships.
Based in modern classrooms at Kilcannon Garden Centre and Restaurant, this provides a unique advantage of offering a variety of real work learning opportunities. Tutors are trained to support individuals in all aspects of learning and they liaise with other professionals to ensure each student will progress throughout their time on the course.
The InTuition programme is a full-time course, 24 months in duration. As our approach is person-centred, there is no common start date. A student can start at any time and their 24 months will commence from then. Students are encouraged to do a 2-week trial before commencing. Students under the age of 25 have access to a resource teacher to promote and develop academic and personal skills.
Course modules include:
- Work Experience
- Career Preparation
- Personal Care and Presentation
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Functional Mathematics
- Digital Media
- Garden Planting and Potting
A core module of the course is engaging in work experience. As part of our person-centred focus, the placement will be in an area in which the student has a particular interest. Companies from many sectors partner with us to provide this valuable work experiences including horticulture, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, veterinary clinics and offices.
Reach Ability has 3 social enterprises that deliver high quality products and services to consumers across Wexford – Kilcannon Garden Centre and Restaurant, Astro Active Centre and Bellefield Design. These 3 social enterprises provide work experience opportunities also.
Some students have even secured permanent employment as a result of their successful work experience programme.
Work placements run throughout the programme with the support of a Work Experience Co-ordinator.
- QQI Level 3 Certification for both Major and Minor Awards presented at a Graduation ceremony
- Ongoing support up to 6-months after course completion
- Students have secured employment across many different sectors
- Students have progressed to further education in Gorey Training Initiative, Bray Institute of Further Education and Waterford Wexford Education and Training Board
- Referral to Employability Wexford for those seeking employment
- Improved social and communication skills
- Honest feedback provided from work experience to allow for individual improvement
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve tasks
The measure of success of our programmes is when everyone develops to the best of their own personal ability. If a student chooses not to progress to employment or further education, they will have attained a Level 3 Major Award, along with valuable life skills and invaluable friendships.
For full details of the application procedure and admission policy, contact us.